State and Local Taxation
There are very few areas in the law that can affect the bottom-line like state and local taxes. Frost Brown Todd is well positioned to counsel businesses on State and Local Tax (SALT) matters. We have a team of tax attorneys with the experience and relationships necessary to look beyond a simple problem analysis—offering our clients creative and innovative solutions to match specific business situations.
Planning and Strategic Solutions
Our team knows how tax and revenue departments work from the inside, with some of our team members coming from governmental positions before entering private practice. Governmental clients routinely engage our service for our knowledge in SALT.
SALT team partners with our own ancillary business services:
- incentis Group to offer strategic counsel on obtaining economic incentives and tax credits
- Commonwealth Alliance and Morris Communications for governmental advocacy at the federal and state level
Because of our clients’ growth, we have substantial experience in taxation in virtually every state. This allows our attorneys to analyze and recommend the best possible solutions based upon similarities and differences between taxing jurisdictions.
We help clients minimize their state and local tax exposure using tried and true methods to cutting-edge techniques. Our attorneys routinely attend and instruct at continuing legal education seminars, monitor legislation and look for ways to turn the latest developments into advantages for businesses.
We often work with a client’s existing legal, accounting and financial advisors and in-house personnel to make sure that matters are handled seamlessly, efficiently and with minimal business interruption.
In the News
- Ohio Supreme Court Further Defines Agency Rules for CAT Exemption
- First AAA/Aaa-Rated Sales Tax Bond in History Closed by FBT Client Franklin County, Ohio
- Rollover Equity Transactions
- Is This The Right Time To Appeal Your Real Estate Tax Valuation?
- Pass-Through Entity Investors May Face Ohio Tax Bills
- Lawsuit against Businesses Disallowed for Improper Collection of Ohio Sales Tax
- New Ohio Budget Bill Contains Important Tax Changes
- Ohio Department of Taxation May Waive Penalties for CAT Taxpayers
- U.S. Supreme Court to Hear Kentucky Tax Case Regarding the Taxation of Municipal Bond Interest
- ALP: I own a small start-up company that does business in Kentucky as an LLC. Last year I had to file a Kentucky corporate income tax return and pay tax even though my company did not make a profit! I heard that Kentucky recently made changes to its tax
- New Kentucky Tax Legislation Mitigates Negative Consequences of Kentucky’s 2005 Tax Act
- Commercial Activity Tax: Possible Contract Language for Limited Agency Exemption for General Contractors
- US Supreme Court Decision on Ohio's Investment Tax Credit
- Potential Partial Relief from CAT Tax
- Do You Owe Outstanding Tax Liabilities To The State Of Ohio? If So, You Should Consider The Ohio Tax Amnesty Program.
- The Ohio Commercial Activities Tax
- Kentucky Overhauls Its Tax Code
- The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals Refuses Request for a Rehearing on Ohio Investment Tax Credit Issue