Blockchain and Digital Currency
Distributed ledger, also known as blockchain, and cryptocurrency and digital assets, such as bitcoin are poised to revolutionize the way businesses function, and goods and services are delivered. The Blockchain team is at the forefront of these developments, helping both clients preparing for disruption and those on the cutting edge themselves. Our multidisciplinary team provides training to those evaluating how innovation may change their industry, counseling on statutory and regulatory compliance, litigation support, and business transaction assistance. The firm is also a proud member of the Chamber of Digital Commerce Lawyers’ Committee, the world’s leading trade association representing the digital asset and blockchain industry. With an exceptional combination of skills, including commercial law, compliance, financial services, and litigation experience, our Blockchain team is uniquely situated to help clients develop and implement blockchain and digital currency strategies.
In the News
- Emerging smart contracts offer possibilities and risks
- More startup lawyers are accepting cryptocurrencies as payment
- Legislation could codify blockchain in Tennessee
- The ups and downs of investing in bitcoin
- Beacon Center poll says State incentive wasteful, while Entertainment, Blockchain, other industries mobilize for Capitol Hill action
- How the legal industry is adopting Ethereum-based smart contracts
- National law firm Frost Brown Todd accepting bitcoin for payment
- Nashville-linked RecordGram to launch $300MM TUNE token sale
- Lawyers Can Accept Bitcoin—But Must Exchange ASAP, Nebraska Says
- What Is Bitcoin and Should You Buy It?
- More Law Firms Are Accepting Bitcoin Payments
- Is this the next financial scandal waiting to happen?
- Law Firm Now Accepting Bitcoins
- Venture Notes - 15 August 2017
- DTCI: Blockchains, Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies: What does it all mean?
- ICO's and the Fed's two minute warning
- With Nashville tech players aboard, Po.et Foundation reports $10MM funding
- Launching an ICO? Follow This Advice from the SEC
- Advisors: FBT attorney Josh Rosenblatt deep-dives Blockchain
- It's not just Bitcoin anymore...
- Surcharging ahead
- A Cautionary Tale For Money Service Businesses: How Violating The Bank Secrecy Act Could Cost Millions
- Legal field embraces promising use causes for blockchain tech
- Digital Asset enters healthcare as blockchain questions grow
- Exploring the Mystery behind Blockchain
- What Does Blockchain Mean to the Financial Industry?
- Tennessee Enacted the Toughest Data Breach Law Yet
- Frost Brown Todd Moves to Accept Bitcoin
- Stephen Embry Receives the John Appleman Award by the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Digital Currency and Ledger Defense Coalition Files Amicus Brief in U.S. v. Coinbase
- Frost Brown Todd Creates Smart Contract App for Software Escrow Agreements
- Frost Brown Todd appoints six new members firmwide
- SEC Leaves ICO Questions Unanswered
- Self-Enforcing Smart Contracts Will Change Your Life
- Federal Advisory Committee on Insurance Discusses Blockchain’s Impact on the Insurance Industry
- The Medieval Economics of Cryptocurrency
- ICOs: Cloud-based but likely grounded in regulations
- A Legislative Definition of Blockchain
Frost Brown Todd is privileged to have worked with some of the best-known names in the industry. We represent companies actively deploying blockchain solutions to remedy real world problems and other clients who are utilizing digital currencies and initial coin offerings as part of their funding and growth strategies.